Friday, May 2, 2014

I went to Nagoya for the special concert.

Hello everyone. I would like to talk about the special concert I went last Friday.
The concert was of Fumiaki Miura, the greatest young violinist in Japan. This time he played with Nagoya Philharmonic.
This concert was special because it was the premiere of a famous Sibelius program in Japan.
It was composed by Sibelius, violin concerto, and his symphony no.5.
Sibelius’s concerto is very famous violin concerto, and many people play it in Japan. However, nobody in Japan played his original one.
He wrote this concerto in 1903, and the premiere was in1904. Unfortunately people didn't like the piece of music then. Sibelius got shocked, so he edited it, then played it again in 1905.
Many violinists play the edited version of Sibelius' violin concerto, but no one has played the unedited version before.
I had played this concerto long time ago, so I knew about it well. But I haven't listened to the pre-edit one, so I was absolutely eager to go to this concert. I think it was the first time in Japan.

That concert was held in Nagoya, it is a little bit far from Tokyo. I went to Nagoya after school by myself.  

It was my second time to go to Nagoya, but the  first time visiting the concert hall. It was very exciting, because it  was like an adventure. I didn't get lost, so it wasn't so thrilling though.  
It was my fourth time to see Fumiaki Miura.  I think he is a great violinist and I like him alot. 
The original Sibelius's violin concertos were amazing. I think it was very difficult to play and it was more difficult to play with  an orchestra.
I can't believe people thought it was a very bad piece.
I want to play the original concerto of Sibelius one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment